3 months ago
Supervisor Aircraft Maintenance - OAK
1 week ago(5/16/2018 9:00 AM)
# of Openings
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
* Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
* Direct supervision of assigned personnel.
* Assures all work performed during the assigned shift is in accordance with approved Maintenance procedures.
* Reviews work packages for completeness and accuracy before all aircraft is returned to service.
* Assures that all RII items are properly documented.
* Assures that all deferred maintenance items have the required parts and labor hours recorded.
* Coordinates aircraft maintenance requirements with all pertinent Company Departments, specifically through Maintenance Control, to advise the current maintenance status of the aircraft.
* Monitors the progress of each aircraft and takes necessary action to assure on-time departures.
* Reviews with Lead Mechanics the assigned work packages and adjusts them as required.
* Monitors productivity and labor hour requirements on the assigned shift, and provides adequate labor hour coverage for the oncoming shift.
* Evaluates the need for required overtime and schedules it accordingly.
* Approves required payroll documents.
* Monitors sick leave and takes the appropriate action when required.
* Complies with SWA safety and EPA practices, and maintains a safe work environment.
* Provides instruction and on-the-job training as required.
* Complies with directives set for the Manager of Maintenance.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
High School diploma required.
* 5 years of aircraft experience, with 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience required.
* ETOPs experience is preferred
A&P Mechanic Certificate required.
Must hold or be able to obtain an Airport Driver's permit.
* Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
* Ability to access restricted areas requiring climbing, crawling, and kneeling.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Knowledge of EPA regulations and guidelines for hazardous materials a plus.
* Must have strong written and verbal skills and the ability to speak in a group situation.
* Ability to read and comprehend technical reports, instructions, and maintenance documents.
* Excellent problem-solving skills are a must.
* Must be able to manage and establish a positive attitude with assigned personnel.
* Ability to work in a stressful environment with multiple tasking and tight time-constraints.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?