4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Aerospace/Manufacturing Engineer Intern Job Description:
Assist with the design and testing process of projects related to missiles, aircrafts, and spacecrafts. Supports functions related to the installation, operation, and repair of mechanically functioning equipment.
* Draft technical reports and compile information into PowerPoint, summaries, and work orders to use by other staff and management
* Employ computer analysis methods to analyze or modify designs in compliance with regulations
* Conduct multiple experimental trials and stress tests on prototypes of aircraft and aerospace systems & equipment
* Calculate mathematical models to assist with evaluating equipment
* Run various tests on integrated systems as well as electrical and mechanical equipment
* Develop models and take images of engineering designs and methods
* Applies knowledge of design tools and other principles to technical plans, blueprints, and drawings
* Possesses an understanding of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronics, and computer programming
* Handles technical data with discretion and confidentiality
* Complete other tasks and responsibilities as needed
* Ability to comprehend information presented in writing and work documents
* Ability to employ basic computer functions such as Email and Microsoft Office
* Ability to abide by all safety and hazard regulations and protocols
* Ability to present ideas clearly and work with others to solve problems
* Ability to follow tasks in chronological order and follow steps provided in job instruction sheets
* Able to use analytical and developmental software such as MATLAB, AutoCAD, RapidREQ Icepak, Microsoft Visual Basic, and Python is preferred
* Actively seeks new opportunities, roles, and responsibilities, dependable, demonstrates integrity
* Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Manufacturing Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.