4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The UTAS Monroe MRO is seeking an engineer to support the aftermarket repair site. This position will be embedded within the Aftermarket Monroe MRO engineering team.
In this role, the intern will primarily work with the engineering team and other functions on projects to help improve efficiency within the facility.
This position requires daily onsite interaction and coordination with various functional groups including Operations, Supply Chain, and Customer Service to resolve technical issues.
* Supports Engineering team by working on projects to improve the facility
* Drive a systematic problem solving, process improvement and value enhancement approach utilizing ACE and engineering principles
* Must possess the ability to be creative in resolving problems and issues
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
* Other duties as assigned
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* Expertise in practical problem-solving skills
* Proficiency in MS Office such as Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, positive attitude both internally and externally, while maintaining client service orientation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
* Knowledge of LabVIEW or programming language such as C++, Python, Ruby, or VBA.
Education: Enrolled in a four year Bachelor of Science program in any Engineering discipline
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.