6 months ago
The selected candidate will serve as a System Acquisition Project Officer (SAPO), also referred to as an Operations Officer for Non-Standard and PSEUDO Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Products/ Vehicle Systems. The Position is located in the Product Manager’s (PdM) Office for Allied Tactical Vehicles (ATV). He/She is delegated the authority and responsibility to ensure the integration of the various functional areas within ATV. Duties include the coordination of these functions for tasks performed by the various major subordinate commands, and agencies, which support the program. The SME II will serve as an Operations Officer to the Product Manager (PdM) providing information management, advice and assistance to the PdM, DPM and Team Leads on program/projects assigned.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Review/analyze daily actions and tasks, plan and assign work, provide tasks to the appropriate Assistant Product Manager's, Logisticians, and other business groups, and set priorities to ensure complete and timely responses based on suspense dates
• Monitor PdM ATV Actions Mailbox for Taskers originating from Project Management (PM) Transportation Systems (TS).
• Assign and track tasker through completion to meet assigned suspense dates. Consolidate responses, prepare correspondence, and maintain historical submissions via SharePoint data files.
• Consolidate and or/prepare briefings, charts and graphs, database or spreadsheet software to enter, revise, sort, research, calculate and retrieve data needed by the office. Briefings will include, but not limited to PMR, PSR, IOB Metrics, Weekly Quad Charts, and Bi-Weekly PM TS Meetings, if requested
• Manage the facility area for the PdM such as seating, bulletin boards, Pod Name Plates, Logo updates, team purchases (i.e. shirts)
• Organize, coordinate, direct, and manage all PdM ATV functional activities supporting the PdM ATV Change of Leadership Ceremonies, leadership offsite meetings, annual PdM ATV Summer Picnic and Special Events throughout the year.
• Conduct or participate in special studies and/or projects to develop data and information required for reporting purposes and prepares reports
• Oversee meetings to ensure that stated and implied goals are achieved and appropriate follow-up actions are completed, as directed
• Oversee/manage PdM, DPM, ATV, Conference Room and Telecon Lines using MS Outlook Calendars
• Coordinate Secure Video Teleconferences (SVTCs) with the Points of Contact over the Secure Conference Rooms
• Coordinate weekly PdM ATV staff meetings, Bi-Weekly CSTC-A and AROC Calls, including Agendas, Minutes and Reminder emails
• Coordinate Memorandums of Agreement with supporting activities as required
• Develop a desk guide identifying procedures for the proper administration of the PdM ATV SAPO Position
• Process incoming, outgoing and retiring personnel actions for PdM ATV personnel, to include in-house documentation, personnel documentation, space, IT and phone resources, in-processing and out-processing packets, and organizational information, and awards (if applicable)
• Manage/oversee PdM ATV's awards program, ensuring that all award nominations (both externally and internally) are IAW with procedure, processed, tracked, and prepared properly for presentation. Develop an Excel Spreadsheet identifying where the award is in the process.
• Reviews and coordinates taskers/data calls originating from higher headquarters. Monitors mailboxes for taskers.
• Independently consolidates responses and prepares correspondence for the Product Director and Team leads, such as SITREP, Monthly Accomplishments and Annual Significant Accomplishments
• Schedules appointments, meetings, briefings, and other commitments that have a direct effect on future decisions and program direction and that have broad application across the organization. Manages the PdM calendar. Prepares agendas, takes minutes, processes actions, and runs staff call. Plans special events for team members.
• Reviews the PdM's daily correspondence, recommends course (s) of actions, provide tasking’s to the appropriate Product Lead or business groups to ensure the tasking’s are completed
• Represents the leadership on committees, IPTs and for special programs
• Maintain an up-to-date PdM ATV Organizational and Seating Chart
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• In the event of your absence, coordinate open actions with the back-up person assigned by the ATV DPM.
Education/ Experience: The Subject Matter Expert II position is required to possess a bachelor's degree in any field with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience. Ten (10) years of specialized experience may be substituted in lieu the education requirement.
Education/Experience is a contract requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Selected candidate must have the required security/background investigations and be capable of immediately obtaining a Common Access Card.
• Ability to manage numerous projects and maintaining good communication across functional areas.
• Superior communication skills (both verbal and written) and demonstrated leadership abilities.
• High level of ability to use the full suite of Microsoft Office software.
• High level of knowledge in US Army Program Office responsibilities and activities.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.