12 months ago
The applicant will perform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide facilitated instruction the M109A6 Paladin Self Propelled Howitzer and the Field Artillery Ammunition Supply Vehicle (FAASVV) M992A2. As a SME, the applicant may also perform minor repairs of both vehicles in accordance with appropriate government provided technical manuals. The applicant will abide by all government and company safety and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
Education/Experience: Eight (8) years of experience of U.S. Army artillery systems and three (3) years of experience in the direct support, operation and maintenance of M109A6 and M992A2 vehicles is required. This SME experience may have been gained in trades or crafts as an operator/mechanic or other work related to the specialization of the position to be filled. Candidate must also possess previous qualifications as a facilitated instructor either by commercial or government provided training. Candidate is preferred to have direct recent experience in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the M109A6 Paladin Self Propelled Howitzer and the Field Artillery Ammunition Supply Vehicle (FAASVV) M992A2.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience include:
- Must have an automotive background and experience performing maintenance on the Howitzer Combat Vehicle.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment.
- Skilled in conducting instruction in both small and large group formats.
- Skilled in the compilation and presentation, in both written and oral formats; able to develop Programs of Instruction, Training Support Packages, Enabling Learning Objectives, and lesson plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in PC use with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must possess a general working knowledge of how the Army Supply System works.
- Analyzing equipment and forecasting spare parts requirements.
- Reading and interpreting engineering change orders, equipment requisitions, shop orders, and work orders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Requirements: The selected candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. The duties required of this position include moving military grade equipment from the floor or shipping box to a work bench. Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position will require typing, and reading from a computer screen. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Candidate will be required to pass drug screening. Must have a valid state driver’s license and be physically capable of operating tracked vehicles.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.