9 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57403BR Date posted 12/01/City Houston
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to Spaceflight? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR and Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR and Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR and Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit. Our hardware is paramount to survival in harsh environments, and our passion for our work demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
UTC Aerospace Systems - Houston is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Subcontracts Administrator/Buyer (Supply Chain) to join our team work in a hand-on collaborative environment. Responsibilities for this role include:
* Developing strategies for material acquisition and services
* Evaluation of supplier and subcontractor proposals
* Negotiation and execution of Purchase Orders and complex change orders
* Subcontract management
* Support Supplier Management strategy, improvement in Supply Chain processes, and resolving issues that may arise.
* Identify and participate in business and costs savings initiatives and business improvement activities.
* Understanding of Federal, NASA, and DoD Acquisition policies, processes, and procedures to include FAR, DFAR, and/or other Federal government agency specific acquisition regulations
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Strong people/interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work across functional areas as a team are essential
* Experience with SAP strongly preferred
Must be a U.S. Citizen or US Person must either hold a current US DoD clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance if required, and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
* 2-5+ Years of relevant Procurement and/or Subcontracts management experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.