3 months ago
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Structures Technician will troubleshoot, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft sheet metal components, composites and hydraulics. Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures, participate in 5-S activities and perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations as required
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Assist in wing removal as required
- Assist maintenance as required
- Inspect confined areas of airframe
- Assist in designing, modifying and welding metal fixtures as required
- Assist in providing time estimates as required
- Fabricate sheet and/or composite components
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum of 2-5 years of structural sheet metal repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- You have an A Certification, or A & P Certificate or Repairman Certificate
- You have completed Sheet metal A/C Tech school or equivalent schooling
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You own Basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
- You must obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You have the ability to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You have the ability to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (If applicable)
- You have basic PC skills
- You have minimum of 1 years of corporate / commercial jet experience
- You have the demonstrated ability to train other employees
- You have Bombardier aircraft model experience
- You are Delegated Inspector Qualified
- You are a Certified welder
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: US-WV-Bridgeport
Zip Code US 26330
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 21.08.2018, 4:30:07 PM