8 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Structural Design Engineers (Level 4) to join the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, OK. As a member of this team, you will execute structural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
* Perform structural design technical lead tasks for Structures Capability Team
* Responsible for developing detail and modification design concepts / final design and meeting contractual / producibility requirements for end item deliverables; This includes structural modifications, mechanical components and primary and secondary structural detail / installation design for Development and Production purposes
* Responsible for the integration of detail design of parts / hardware installation and support to planning / manufacturing efforts and associated tools
* Analyzes and resolves design problems, able to develop and assist others with resolving design discrepancies and analyze the applicability of new and emerging technologies and advanced techniques
* Support internal / external design reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary / Critical Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) with US and Foreign Air Force customers
* Provide design expertise and technical knowledge to resolve customer inquiries for post production fleet sustainment
* Responsible for Material Review Board (MRB) actions, providing engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests)
* Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of structural commodities
* Develops complex statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets
* Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection
* Supports new business and proposal activities
* Works under minimal direction
Other job related information:
Candidate should be willing to discuss and negotiate issues within Air Vehicle design, Systems Design & Requirements, EMI/EMC, PM&P, Logistics (Technical Publications, Training, Spars, In Service Support), and other internal / external customers/suppliers.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Experience working conceptual, preliminary and detailed design including 2D drawings and 3D deliverables
* Experience or completed coursework in computer-aided design (CAD) tools to design mechanical components, subassemblies, or systems
* Experience leading teams or projects
* Current / Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance or a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is a PLUS (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
* Experience creating structural / mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
* Working experience in applicable electrical system analysis tools
* Experience using the following scheduling tools (OPP, Microsoft Project, and/or Primavera)
* Experience with Earned Value Management (Scheduling, Budgeting, Cost Analysis)
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is based in Oklahoma City, OK and does offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award