8 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace's Oak Plaza operations are comprised of the core enabling functions, including: Engineering, Research & Development, Program Management, Product Support, Strategic Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Quality, Finance and Human Resources. Together these functional teams collaborate to help engineer the most innovative and highest quality main cabin economy and premium aircraft seating for various customers around the globe.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Structural Certification Engineer in our Seating Products business located in Winston-Salem, NC.
* Performs standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and make design decisions.
* Represents the Certification and Structures team in design reviews.
* Compiles FAA certification documentation for submission to commercial aircraft OEM's and regulatory agencies.
* Reviews and approves design changes from a certification perspective.
* Supports design optimization tasks (e.g. weight reduction).
* Leads test activities such as Dynamic/16g Crash, Static, and Flammability.
* Administrates certification efforts.
* Performs material selection and material specification correlation.
* Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering project.
* Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
* Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and technicians.
* Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
* Participates in defining of engineering approaches and in planning/scheduling work.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year college or university certified by Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET), and a minimum of one years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be familiar with strengths of standard aviation materials.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare and give presentations.
* Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and with external clients.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with team members and cross functional teams.
* Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
* Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Office Suite applications and other project and engineering related software programs.
* Ability to perform classical stress analysis.
* Prior working experience in the aerospace industry, specifically with aircraft interiors.
* Prior experience reviewing and approving drawings.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.