11 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Structural Casting New Parts Introduction Buyer you will have the opportunity to negotiate and drive strategic sourcing changes in a complex supplier landscape. Must be able to work autonomously to support internal customers, deliver results for new product introduction and create cost out opportunities. Gain experience in large commercial & military procurements. Lead the customer to the best outcome possible for the business, especially those options that are not easy or traditional.
In addition, the Structural Casting New Parts Introduction Buyer will:
* Manage and build relationship with suppliers
* Define supplier strategy
* Lead negotiations including terms and conditions
* Understand and follow Procurement Manual and work with compliance team for all procurements
* Project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger projects
* Negotiate the best commercial and technical package for procurement requirements
* Communicate across all levels of the organization
* Present to senior leaders (EB and SEB)
* Communicate to cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy
* Manage supplier performance through constraint identification, S&OP tools, Supplier Expectation and Performance Management process and other sourcing delivery strategies
* Partner with engineering, manufacturing programs, materials and other functions
* Communicate NPI delivery plans and commitments to internal customers
* Define and improve Sourcing strategies at business or plant level
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Buying / Procurement
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Prior experience constructing, negotiating and managing contracts of significant value
* Prior experience working with global companies and U.S. trade compliance requirements
* Previous experience leading cross functional teams to implement major projects and programs
* Ability to balance multiple conflicting projects to establish priorities for the overall best business outcome
* Change agent with strong aptitude for work, confident, tenacious and assertive personality
* A problem solver that drives to overcome barriers
* Strong negotiator capable of handling commercial and contractual efforts
* Strong influencer that can function within a team environment
* Demonstrated ability to prepare and utilize financial tools in the creation of forecasts
* Previous manufacturing shop operation or engineering experience
* Previous experience with casting industry
* Previous experience with super alloys and elemental constituents and ability to translate into cost risk forecasting
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.