5 months ago
are new engineering opportunities in Customer Services Engineering
Center located in Southern California. The Design Center is seeking
Mid-Career Structural Analysis Engineers (Level 3).
Support has team members working non-standard shifts in a 24 hour day.
In support of this 24/7 around the clock customer support initiative,
working periodic off-nominal shifts on a rotational basis is expected as
part of this job.
* Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to establish the system design.
* Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment.
structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element
models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product
lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and
* Identifies, creates, and documents analysis and
certification data to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies
that requirements are satisfied.
* Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements.
* Works under the supervision of a high-level lead engineer or leads smaller teams performing similar work.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education & Experience
Degree and typical
experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more
years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or
PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science
degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a
“US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person”
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Experience with analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools.
* Experience with Boeing aircraft models highly preferred.
* Experience with Nastran/Patran is a plus.
* Experience with landing gear, propulsion systems, composite materials, and/or air-frame structures is a plus.
* Transport or Boeing 7-Series Aircraft experience is a plus.
* Master of Science in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace engineering preferred.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award