5 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an experienced Structural Analysis Engineer (Level 4) to join the Stress Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, OK. This position will act as Durability and Damage Tolerance (DaDT) Lead and support large scale structural modifications and repairs, component testing and Aircraft Structural Integrity Programs.
Your duties as a lead engineer will include (but are not limited to):
* Perform advanced durability and damage tolerance analysis using crack initiation, crack growth analysis and allowable generation using well defined analysis tools
* Develop load spectra for fatigue and crack growth analysis to establish structural component lives and inspection intervals, in support of aircraft maintenance programs
* Develop, integrate and document structural requirements to establish the system design
* Guide product design and verify structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance
* Support in-service products by investigating failures, analyzing improvements, and evaluating repair configuration for durability considerations
* Assesses complex structural damage and repairs to determine potential safety risks
* Develop analytical processes and tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the fleet support statement of work
* Support internal / external design reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary / Critical Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) with US Air Force, Navy, and Army customers
* Support proposal preparation and new business development efforts
* Interact professionally with customer, supplier, field and production representatives
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
Ability to obtain U.S. Government Security Clearance
Experience with fatigue or fracture mechanics
Experience with damage tolerance of metallic structure
Experience with fatigue crack growth
Experience with fatigue crack growth analysis codes such as NASGRO, AFGROW, or similar tools
Experience with design reviews
Experience leading a team
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award