10 months ago
Stress Liaison Engineering (PDE)-TOR03942
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Review, comment/approve RNCs related to Strength/Stress from Final Assembly Line and Suppliers.
- Participate in Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT)/FAL meetings as well as other technical reviews as required.
- Coordinate with other Sections of IPDT and provide solutions to technical issues.
- Provide support and assist in certification activities as required.
- Assure adherence to existing processes per BM Practices and TCCA expectations.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in aircraft structural analysis.
- You are able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- You have strong static strength analytical skills for metallic and composite structure using classical and finite element method. Proficiency in MSC PATRAN/NASTRAN linear finite element code is desirable.
- You have working knowledge of fatigue and damage tolerance analysis.
- You possess a basic understanding of the structural certification process of civil aircraft.
- You have knowledge of CATIA V5 is an asset.
- You have knowledge of NCMS is an asset.
- You have a good ability to communicate and share information in a clear and efficient manner, both to all involved stakeholder and management.
- You are able to work well in a Team and contribute to a positive team spirit.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.04.2018, 8:23:56 PM