11 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54769BR Date posted 10/04/City Foley
Every second, a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) designs, manufactures and integrates nacelles, thrust reversers, pylons and flight control surfaces for commercial and military aircraft. The Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility in Foley, Alabama, specializes in the maintenance and repair of nacelles - Thrust Reversers, Pylons, Inlet and Fan Cowls, Exhaust Nozzles and a variety of Engine Build Up and Quick Engine Change components. The MRO Americas team is looking for a Stress Engineer to join our team.Apply today!
The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel in this job. Other duties may be assigned based on business needs.
• Formulates structural analysis of a complex nature using hand calculations and computer analysis.
• Conducts static stress, fatigue stress, fracture and fatigue structural analysis of aerospace components.
• Defines, directs and documents structural repair designs to assess the structural integrity of metallic and non-metallic aerospace products.
• Provides limited direction to others in stress analysis and may act as technical lead on assigned projects.
• Resolves technical problems of complex scope.
• Analyzes repair proposals and prepare formal reports in support minor and major repairs for FAA approval.
• Repairs may involve metallic, bonded metallic or advance composite structure.
• Analyzes materials and processes and approves alternates.
• Coordinates repairs with internal external customers as well as external staff of major airlines and aircraft manufacturers.
• Provides technical support to engineering team.
• Supports Quality Assurance personnel and Mechanics.
• Provides field support when necessary.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualification: • Strong structural analysis background including static stress analysis and fatigue analysis.
• Experience with stress analysis of metallic and advanced composite structure including repairs on bonded metallic and composite structure.
• Airframe design and stress experience.
• MSC Nastran and Patran.
• Metallic and advanced composite structural analysis capabilities.
• Ability to perform detail analysis by hand calculations and computer methods.
• Experience working on aircraft modifications and/or in an MRO environment performing design to return aircraft to an airworthy condition preferred.
• Must have intermediate to advance Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
• Must be able to work effectively across functional boundaries, and have demonstrated time management skills in order to handle multiple priorities.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must also possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Travel 10%
• At least 18 years of age or older.
• Ability to provide verification of US Citizenship or permanent residency to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions.
• Must read, write, speak & understand the English language.
• Ability to work under stress, common deadlines, and under pressure.
• Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
• Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, twist, climb, crouch, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 10 pounds for 8+ hours per day.
• Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and other PPE as needed.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
• Ability to follow rules and policies of the company.
BS/BA degree in engineering (Mechanical/Aerospace) w/ 6 + yrs. experience.
MS/MA degree in engineering (Mechanical/Aerospace) w/ 4+ yrs. experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.