8 months ago
Stores Person (Student)
Apply by Date: May 4, 2018
Job Type: Summer
Term in Months: 4
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Stores, the incumbent will provide support to the Stores person classification as required during their assigned shift.
* Assist the Stores Personnel with daily material handling of inbound receiving, order processing and stocking of inventory;
* Assist Stores Personnel with the packing and shipping of parts orders to outlying bases;
* Assist with the delivery of parts to local vendors and Cargo/freight buildings (non-airside). Note: if an airside driver’s license and/or Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) is required to drive at the respective airport, the requirement to drive will not be applicable.
* Assist with the Issue of inventory and assist in monitoring and maintaining inventory to appropriate levels;
* Computer data entry of shipments, work orders including Checking in and out of Tooling. etc;
* Filing as required;
* Heavy lifting required;
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers;
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to obtain D/A (Driving Airside License) within 6 months of the employees start date.
* Must be eligible for Restricted Area Pass.
* Must successfully complete Dangerous Goods training.
* Knowledge of aircraft parts preferred and knowledge of common hardware essential.
* Basic computer and data entry skills required.
* Effective work management, interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Training and/or experience in inventory management and purchasing an asset.
* Must be a bona fide student of a recognized educational institution (i.e. secondary school, college or university).
* Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Note: Bilingualism (English and French) is required to work in Montreal.