8 months ago
Posting Open Date: 11/21/2017
Posting Close Date: 12/05/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
The Station Manager of the Yellowknife Airport will strategically balance the needs of our people and guests in alignment with WestJet Encore values, while maintaining operational efficiency and standards.
As the Station Manager for WestJet Encore in Yellowknife, you will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure all of WestJet’s safety standards are monitored and maintained.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the base, ensuring operational requirements and people initiatives are met.
• Ensure WestJet Encore’s customer service and operational standards are monitored and maintained.
• Ensure airports goals & objectives are met or exceeded.
• Guide peak readiness planning.
• Evaluate station processes and identify opportunity to improve efficiency.
• Identify strategic opportunities within airport community, acting as a liaison between WestJet Encore and organizations such as CATSA, the Airport Authority, among others.
• Responsible for the development of annual budgets.
• Accountable for station costs, expenditures and budget variances.
• Guide manpower planning, workforce scheduling, payroll and station recruitment.
• Ensure local Emergency Response preparedness is developed and current.
• Participate in agent orientation.
• Ensure Performance Management guidelines and best practices are monitored and maintained – Performance Reviews, Procedural Assessments and Airside Audits.
• Coach, encourage and develop action plans with direct reports.
• Ensure attendance and punctuality is managed and maintained.
• Ensure Airports Recognition Initiative is managed and maintained.
• Ongoing communication with Regional Manager and Airports Group to ensure consistent direction.
• Ensure the continuous improvement of people relations within the base
• Ensure that WestJet Encore’s community investment strategy is managed and maintained
•Responsible for spending 10% of your time working directly with the team supporting our guest and day-to-day operations
• Minimum 3 - 5 years related airport experience is required.
• 2 years proven leadership and coaching experience with a demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate.
• General knowledge of best Human Resource practices. For example, Ability Management and Performance Management
• Process management skills with the ability to prioritize quickly and efficiently
• Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities and perform steadily under pressure
• Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
• Proven ability to provide high level of customer service to internal departments and external guests
• Proven track record in leading business operations
• Proven history of effecting change through influence
• Proficient in PC based applications, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent working knowledge of Sabre
• Ability to travel away from your base for training and meetings
• Must be able to flex your hours and days to meet the operational needs of your base
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.