6 months ago
As a Staff Systems
Software Engineer-GE Additive, you will be responsible for product (production) implementation of a component, feature, and or feature set made up of software, sensors, and embedded systems interacting on and with additive machines. You will contribute to design discussions and system/software architectures at scale across the GE Additive catalog of machines, analytics, and associated software services.
You will work across organization and geographical boundaries (GRC, CL, ARCAM, Geonx, etc. ) to support product roadmaps as they are formed and matured through NPI process. You will partner across software and analytics teams, hardware teams, and additive machine teams with the end-goal of introducing high value software systems to customers on aggressive timelines. Ensures product value and feedback leveraging frequent feedback from internal and external customers.
As the Staff Systems
Software Engineer-GE Additive you will:
* Be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to others in defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
* Provide technical leadership to agile software/ analytics and services teams for production-grade software & analytics
* Work with Product Management and leadership to understand product requirements & vision
* Work with machine modality and research leaders to understand and refine technical pipeline, roadmap, and hardware/software integration plans
* Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
* Work with product leaders and architects to develop multi generation software & analytics technology plans
* Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
* Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
* Coach, mentor and lead the technical team in producing a high-value, high-quality product
* Work cross functionally across other business functions (like service and marketing) to align activities and deliverables
* Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
* Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across GRC/Additive leadership and with PLLs
* Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
* Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and automated testing techniques to bring product capabilities to market
* Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the product
* Understand performance parameters and assess application performance (benchmarking)
* Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
* Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in software design and development OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in software design and development OR PhD with 3 years of experience in (include technical skill) (GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed)
* Ability and willingness to travel
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
* Master’s Degree / PHD in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science
* Strong full-stack expertise (Front-end, Back-end, Databases, DevOps, Edge Apps, Analytics)
* Strong experience in several languages (Java, Go, Python, C, C#, C++, .Net, HTML5, etc.)
* Strong understanding of various communication protocols: (OPC-UA, MTConnect, MQTT, etc.)
* Experience refactoring prototype control/analytics code (R, Matlab, Python, Labview) to field deployable applications
* Demonstrated ability to apply and analyze the results of inspection technologies, in-process sensing
* Strong expertise with Docker and container-based development
* Strong expertise in Git and open source
* Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
* Experience with data acquisition systems and signals analysis including analog, video, and image capture
* Experience with embedded linux and real-time operating systems
* Familiarity with code signing and hardware-based security stacks
* Familiarity with on-prem cloud computing environments (openstack, Wind River Titanium)
* Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
* Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
* Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
* Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; West Chester
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.