9 days ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional Business Jet Programs is seeking a Systems Engineer to support Electrical and Electromechanical systems for actuation applications. This role will participate in a full range of engineering activities including system design, modeling, analysis, development, testing and product support. Additional responsibilities include:
* Manage concept definition, systems requirements definition, functional decomposition, and requirements management within the context of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
* Delegates and provides direction to the technical team with respect to flow down of system requirements, oversight of investigations and analyses, and integration of system elements.
* Principal technical interface to the customer and can expect to speak on technical matters during program reviews, status meetings, and other formal and informal interactions with the customer.
* broad-based design and analysis of complex systems, and may involve "hands-on" hardware testing.
* Establish, maintain, and execute product level plans
* Define technical objectives for Design Verification & Validation
* Apply basic electrical and mechanical principles to design and analyze system interactions
* Requirements Analysis and Development
* Architecture Design
* Development Testing, Verification & lifecycle documentation
* Adherence to Configuration Management and Change Control
* Conduct/Participate in Design Reviews, Customer Audits
* Manage many tasks simultaneously
* Ability and experience leading a team
* Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Understanding of system development processes
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Strong customer communication skills
* ARP4754 (A) experience highly desired
* Minimum of 10 years as Systems Engineer
* ARP4754(A) experience required
* Experience or knowledge in aerospace systems development/verification is a plus.
* Knowledge of requirements development.
* Experience with DOORS preferred.
* General experience with hardware design preferred.
* Experience with Matlab preferred.
* Understanding of system development processes.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
* Motor/Hydraulic controls experience (AC, DC, etc.).
Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.