10 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
In this role you will:
* Perform structural analysis of ES components and systems. This includes linear static, dynamic, non-linear, transient, thermal and fatigue life and fracture mechanics predictions.
* Perform thermal transient stress analysis to support the development of heat exchangers
* Collaborate with ES Design to produce products that meet technical, weight and cost targets. Review designs prior to drawing completion.
* Assist in hardware testing, provide analytical support for testing and review test plans and results. Use this information to calibrate and improve the analytical methods.
* Provide documentation of analyses in the form of formal reports and presentations for ES management and customers. Provide structural guidance to EECS Mechanical Design.
* 7+ years of experience in Structural Analysis, Structural Mechanics or Mechanical engineering
* Knowledge of finite element methods and use of finite element modeling tools such as Ansys Mechanical and APDL, or Abaqus
* Candidates must be experienced in the use of pre and post processing tool and possess experience in 2D and 3D CAD tools including, Hypermesh, UG NX, CATIA or others.
* To be effective, the candidate should have experience writing Abaqus subroutines and scripting and/or Ansys APDL/macros
* Have a thorough understanding of strength of materials for metals
* Possess basic understanding of manufacturing techniques such as welding, sheet metal, machining, bonding and composites.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required to conveys results and ideas effectively
* Candidates must work well within a team concept and possess a positive attitude toward meeting individual and group commitments
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Experience in LS Dyna and NASGRO is a plus
* Experience in UNIX, Python, FORTRAN or other programming languages is a plus.
* Experience in composite materials and structural analysis techniques is a plus.
* BS degree in a related field is required, advanced degree is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.