7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
The Staff Software Engineer will lead, plan, develop, design and execute embedded products according to the objectives of DO-178B/C for certification on airborne systems with minimal supervision.
The software engineer responsibilities include the following:
* Create, monitor and approve software artifacts.
* Interface with external customers and certification authorities.
* Interface with internal cross-functional teams.
* Develop and execute software standard work.
* Provide estimations for new software pursuits and rework activities.
* Lead medium to large software teams includes outsource and offshore organizations.
* Requirements generation, design and architecture development, integration, verification, validation, and document for existing and new safety-critical products.
* Execution of development process is in accordance to RTCA DO-178B/C, for new safety-critical products.
* Monitor and report project execution using standard metrics for scheduling and budget to leadership.
* Software and hardware system integration tasks on target hardware.
* Model Base Design techniques used in the development lifecycle process.
* Provide technical leadership to the team.
* Develop and demonstrate a deep technical understanding of product families.
* Coach and mentor software team.
* Engineering experience developing safety-critical embedded software products in a regulated industry.
* 10 years experience in embedded design.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Bachelor's of Science in Engineering/Computer Science required.
* Master's of Science S/BS in Engineering/Computer Science preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.