about 1 month ago
United States of America
HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
The candidate will drive technical leadership while supporting program design, development, and testing of ACES ejection seat components and subsystems. The position will be responsible for providing engineering deliverables through all phases of development Bid and proposals support through qualification testing and the initial production implementation. This individual will propose new technology, create innovative design solutions, execute design reviews, work directly with customers, and support testing of the ejection seat products. This position is a design and project engineering position that will also partner with System Engineering, Test Engineering, and Program Management.
* Responsible for being a technical leader supporting medium and large(>$1M/yr spend) ejection seat design projects.
* Support through all phases of design including; bid and proposal, conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design, qualification testing, new product introduction, and production implementation.
* Successfully execute on design/project tasks required to develop and qualify aircraft ejection seats by ensuring technical scope integrity and budget/schedule accuracy
* Utilizes UG/NX CAD software and facilitate the drafting department to produce standard, quality, and industry producible models/drawings
* Active mentor and design peer reviewer
* Work as part of a cohesive team with test engineering, product engineering, system engineering, and program management
* Support Program Management with any preparation of bids and proposals
* Support Systems Engineering on requirements analysis and the requirement compliance plan
* Interacts with Business Development department to ensure customer satisfaction and business strategies
* This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline (Engineering, Aerospace or Mechanical preferred) and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
* A minimum of 7 years of aerospace engineering experience.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Experience leading product development projects through SRRs PDRs, CDRs, TRRs, and PRRs type reviews.
* Outstanding communication skills, especially cross-discipline
* Exhibit a positive attitude and great mentoring/delegating skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and skills facilitating working in a team environment
* Strong analytical skills including strong knowledge of physics, dynamics, and statics.
* Direct experience with manufacturing processes
* Experience presenting design solutions to internal and external customers
* 3D CAD experience with high end CAD software (e.q. NX, Catia,)
* Previous experience using Unigraphics/NX CAD experience including TeamCenter and TeamCenter Multi Site PLM experience
* Previous experience in the aerospace and defense industry preferred
* Previous experience with aircraft cockpit, crew station, escape system, ejection seat, or crew systems design
* Previous experience with machining, sheet metal, composites, and fabric design
* Previous experience with energetic cartridge actuated devices or propellant actuated devices
* Previous experience of aerospace/military specifications
* Previous experience with FEA or Strength hand calculations
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.