3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry's biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
We are looking for a Staff Systems Engineer to support the Electric Power Systems Power Conversion and Distribution product group. We are seeking an individual that has the capability to work collaboratively with a customer team to synthesize optimal architectures for technical performance &life cycle cost value. The candidate will define, maintain, document, and test system requirements for the secondary power distribution products.
Candidate must be able to work on a cross-functional support team and be able to communicate clearly in various review boards (internally & externally).
* Working in a team environment, sometimes including remote team members, engaging in full life-cycle development (plan, design, verify, certify/qualify) of electric power distribution and conversion systems. Certifying to aerospace standards (ARP4754 is typical)
* Develop distribution system architecture that meets or exceeds the product development requirements
* Confirm product design performance, capability and reliability in the engineering product test laboratories
* Collaborate with internal systems and software teams to analyze and conduct engineering investigations on electronic products
* Collaborate with both internal and external teams to seamlessly integrate distribution product designs into chapter 24 aircraft electrical systems
* Collaborate with manufacturing faculties to effectively implement design into production
* Collaborate with the product marketing teams locally to develop product requirements and ensure that the product meets their needs when launched
* Respect for, and compatibility with, a structured development process where well-documented requirements, designs, and test procedures are essential is required.
* Strong communication skills, primarily in English
* Broad life-cycle experience: requirements analysis through system integration including integration lab verification is preferred
* Familiarity with aircraft certification requirements related to system safety and reliability (ARP4754, ARP4761, FAR / JAR ) , and aircraft electrical system architecture is highly desirable.
* Familiarity with DOORs software is highly desirable
* Familiarity with RTCA, FAA, ARINC, MIL, and ISO specifications is desirable.
* Electrical sub-systems development (e.g Chapter 24, aircraft utilities, power distribution units, actuation systems) is desirable
* Ability to work well both independently and within an integrated product development team environment
* Excellent attention to detail
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelors degree with 5-7 years of experience
* Masters degree with 3 years of experience
* PhD degree with 2 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.