5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That is why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines. Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation.
Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward! Because of a strategic commitment, United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) created the Electronic Systems Center (ESC) headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The ESC supports a wide variety of UTAS aerospace products with state-of-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products for all parts of the United Technologies Enterprise. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges-safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
Systems Engineering Lead Systems Engineering Lead will work with cross-functional teams located at geographically different locations to develop DAL A Electronic Controllers adhering to DO-254 and DO-178C guidelines. As the Systems Engineering Lead, you will provide the IPT with the overall process and technical leadership. You will be responsible for establishing the detailed subsystem (typically LRU), safety, and architecture requirements as well as detailed design tasks that are required to meet the overall system and customer requirements within the constraints of the contract (e.g. SOW). You will work hand in hand with IPT Lead for the overall execution and leading execution of the system design tasks. In addition, you will represent the ESC in enterprise-wide systems-related initiatives.
* Primary ownership of systems development processes.
* Provide systems team members with technical and process guidance as it pertains to requirements management, hardware/software integration, and systems (LRU level) testing.
* Support the development and review of systems/hardware requirements decomposed from customer specifications.
* Coordinate with systems and hardware teams to understand the cross-functional requirements and constraints.
* Assess design maturity and reviewing technical risk.
* Participate in component design reviews.
* Drive new product introduction, value engineering, and production support projects
* Create complex sub-system trade studies, algorithms, and error budgets.
* Utilize appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions with a heavy focus on platform design, reuse, and knowledge management
* Support project planning efforts and ensure execution of schedule and budget.
* Creation and review of engineering documentation
* Other tasks as assigned| Education and Certifications BS degree in Electrical, Software, Systems, or Aerospace Engineering with 2 to 5 years of industry experience
* At least 6 years of experience in systems engineering developing DAL A Flight Safety Aerospace products
* Experience developing hardware/software integration plans
* Experience creating LRU level (black box) requirements based test cases and procedures, and executing systems verification testing consistent with DO-254 guidelines
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Good computer skills with the ability to learn new programs/software
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
* Systems Verification experience including, test procedure development, robustness testing and debug
* Experience with configuration management and problem reporting tools
* Experience with modular Software, Firmware, or Hardware design architectures
* Experience with DOORS for requirements management
* Experience working within DO-254 certification program(s), including Stages of Involvement (SOI) Audits under EASA or FAA
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* Master's degree in Software, Electrical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering Experience with aircraft primary and secondary flight control systems, braking control systems, motor control, and/or engine control systems
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.