5 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role, you will help bring to market our next generation of industry leading products across the GE Aviation System portfolio (Navigation and Guidance, Computing and Networking, Electrical Power Generation, etc.). You will develop and lead the execution of innovative strategies for civil and military development programs. You will be a recognized expert and leader within the specialized field of Safety engineering, demonstrating passion for system design and mentoring others.
In addition, you will :
* Promote a culture of safety engagement across the organization which emphasizes shared responsibility in achieving safe and reliable designs
* Provide strategic technical leadership and maintain oversight of the System Safety engineering activities across multiple commercial and military development projects
* Lead projects to a successful outcome by:
* establishing the safety program plan
* coordinating safety support with internal and external customers
* influencing emerging designs
* driving proactive Safety team engagement
* performing Safety analyses
* and resolving technical and programmatic issues
* Grow the Safety and Certification organization's capabilities by sharing knowledge of aircraft operations, aircraft-level systems development, systems engineering principles, and Safety engineering practices
* Steer future technology roadmaps by participating in technology / methodology trade studies and research / development programs
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 10 years of aviation industry or aircraft operations experience in related positions (Including direct experience performing System Safety engineering tasks)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
* Five years of aviation industry experience in System Safety
* Experience designing and analyzing aircraft IMA, FMS, or Electrical Power systems
* Experience in Flight Test Safety
* Knowledge of processes leading to compliance with industry regulatory standards
* Ability to conduct detailed safety analyses of complex avionics systems
* Ability to apply engineering fundamentals and System Safety engineering principles to a variety of product areas
* Ability to guide and influence others
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Models GE Beliefs
* Ability and willingness to work in either Grand Rapids, MI, or Dayton, OH.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo. If you're continuing your education, excellent local options, include Davenport University, Grand Valley State University, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids Community College, Hope College, Michigan State University and Western Michigan University. Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.