4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
* You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if
* You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
* You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
* You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
The Work Transfer Process Owner (WTPO) group owns and manages the deployment and compliance to the UTAS Work Transfer Process UTAS-PRO-0008 across the organization and provides:
• Single point ownership of UTAS Work Transfer procedures, forms and other standard work
• Training, communication, help and guidance to UTAS employees, customers, and suppliers
• Process compliance through mandatory attendance at all gated reviews as well as process and purchase order audits
• Vetting and approval of all “local” SBU standard work or compliance delegation
• Non Advocate reviews and auditing for local SBU standard work as well as compliance to UTAS-PRO-0008
The WTPO is accountable for compliance to the Work Transfer procedure UTAS-PRO-0008 across the global UTAS organization, development and deployment of associated QMS documentation, processes, templates, tools, standard work, and training in alignment with the stakeholder needs. The Candidate must ensure that the QMS documentation associated with UTAS-PRO-0008 is being implemented correctly when questions arise, or discrepancies are identified. This includes cross-functional collaboration with various organizational functions (Supply Chain, Program Office, Operations, Quality, Engineering, Etc.) to ensure process compliance is achieved. The desired individual will be able to balance Business Unit concerns, questions, and asks, while providing solutions to ensure procedural requirements are met. Any strategic deviations should be clearly communicated by the WTPO to align all parties on intent and implementation per the vetting and approval of local BU standard work. To be successful in this role the candidate must have excellent organizational and time management skills; being able to effectively prioritize to meet deadlines. The candidate must excel at critical thinking and problem solving and apply these skills to solve complex issues, while working under limited direction. Adaptability and being able to rapidly shift gears is critical in this role. The candidate should have good communication skills and be a team player.
Qualification: Required Experience:
• Strong background in process development and fostering cultural adoption of new processes
• Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries internal and external to the business
• Utilize data mining and analysis to leverage past lessons and incorporate improvements
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills – a team builder
• Solid troubleshooting skills: the ability to apply technical, business, process skills to make firm decisions
• Experience in quality, engineering, operations, in aerospace, automotive or high-tech electronic, defense or commercial industries • Experience with the Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on PowerPoint & Excel formulas
• Independently motivated with Time Management & Project Management Experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: • Minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.