3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Central Operations Manufacturing Technology group is seeking a highly motivated manufacturing engineer to drive leading-edge manufacturing technology projects and to research, develop, test, and deploy new measurement systems in support of manufacturing process control and inspection of UTAS products. Leverage off-the-shelf solutions or develop new measurement methods to optimize manufacturing and inspection processes. Manage the transfer of technology from development to manufacturing. Work with a variety of cross-functional groups (Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Engineering) to deliver effective solutions.
* The successful candidate will be one who is readily able to team with and across multiple business units and professional functions through strong communications skills, ability to drive projects to closure and a strong desire for learning and skills development.
Qualification: Minimum Qualifications:
* Experience using standard business engineering software including Microsoft Office- Excel, Word and Powerpoint: Creating/Updating spreadsheets, documents and slides.
* The candidate is required to have effective communication and presentation skills and ability work well in cross-functional team environments
* Inspection and product quality in support of production organizations
* Dimensional metrology theory and application
* Manufacturing processes
* Management of technical projects
* Technical problem-solving methods
* Engineering drawing interpretation, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
* Data retrieval and analysis
* Computer Aided Design (CAD) and measurement analysis software
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or Manufacturing relevant discipline with recommended 5 years relevant experience.
* Or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.