9 months ago
The Staff Engineer demonstrates accountability and provides technical leadership across the organization in Electromagnetic (EM) / Radar Cross Section (RCS) design technologies in performance of duties assigned in inlet and/or exhaust systems. As Staff Engineer, you will integrate and develop RCS designs that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within the RCS design function, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
The Staff Engineer will :
* Execute with limited guidance the RCS Design / analysis activities required in support of assigned Inlet/exhaust systems products and technology that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
* Recommend approach to meet the technical and program requirements
* Formulate and implement plans to achieve RCS design technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments
* Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
* Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams
* Mentor others in the organization
* Assure proper documentation of technical RCS design data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
* Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in an aerospace or mechanical engineering position
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain DoD Security clearance
* BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of experience in an RCS engineering position
* MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of experience in an RCS engineering position
* Significant experience in the field of RCS Signature design and analysis of inlet & exhaust systems
* Experience in RCS predictions codes and application to component design analysis
* Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to organize, motivate, guide and influence technical personnel and projects
* Knowledge and understanding of range measurements and RF materials measurements
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.