4 months ago
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to help us advance the capabilities of a new generation of reconnaissance systems. The successful candidate will have proven technical, organizational, leadership and communication skills and be effective in a collaborative work environment.
The position requires the ability to work across technical disciplines, support internal and external stakeholders, and provide technical project leadership. Travel within the US and overseas may be required to support integration and tests at customer sites.
* Lead a software team through the entire product lifecycle
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements
* Design and develop C/C++ embedded software
* Perform software/hardware integration
* Manage priorities, tasks, and issues for successful project completion
* Follow defined Software Best Practices and contribute to them based on lessons learned
Final Candidate Call to Action:
Is software in your DNA? Are you driven to create finer code that not only shapes but exceeds next generation requirements? Then we want to talk to you. Our attitude (and our aptitude) is pushing technology beyond expectations. We not only engineer the future, we transform it.
* Experience in software team leadership, planning and support across the full Software Life Cycle
* C/C++ embedded software development experience
* Multi-threading experience
* Test & Debugging skills at software & hardware levels.
* Linux administration experience
* Due to programs & projects candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, with the ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
* Experience with security architecture and vulnerability assessment is desired.
* Experience with Agile development is a plus
* Experience supporting fielded software
* Strong customer focus
* Able to communicate well at many levels
* Effective in a collaborative team environment
Some travel may be required
Education: BS Degree is a must (Computer Science/ Software Engineering is preferred or related field); MS is preferred.
* BS with 7-9+ years of experience with 6+ software development experience within embedded arena
* MS with 5-7 years of experience with 4+ software development experience within embedded arena
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.