12 months ago
Staff Embedded Software Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52919BR Date posted 08/25/City Westford
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready?
This position offers an exciting opportunity to help us advance the capabilities of a new generation of reconnaissance systems. The successful candidate will have proven technical, organizational, leadership and communication skills and be effective in a collaborative work environment. The position requires the ability to work across technical disciplines, support internal and external stakeholders, and provide technical project leadership. Travel within the US and overseas may be required to support integration and tests at customer sites.
* BS with 7-10+ years of experience with 6+ software development experience within embedded arena.
* MS with 5-7 years of experience with 4+ software development experience within embedded arena.
* Lead a software team through the entire product lifecycle
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements
* Design and develop C/C++ embedded software
* Perform software/hardware integration
* Manage priorities, tasks, and issues for successful project completion
* Follow defined Software Best Practices and contribute to them based on lessons learned
* Experience in software team leadership, planning and support across the full Software Life Cycle
* Multi-threading experience
* Technical Leadership / Project Lead Experience.
* Linux administration experience
* Experience with security architecture and vulnerability assessment
* Experience supporting fielded software
* Experience with Agile development
* Strong customer focus
* Able to communicate well at many levels.
* Due to programs & projects candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, with the ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
* 10% travel
Education: BS Degree is a must (Computer Science/ Software Engineering is preferred or related field);
MS is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.