5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
In This Role You Will:
* Successfully execute design and development tasks required to certify and release specialty aircraft seats
* Execute designs utilizing Unigraphics NX CAD system and Team Center Product Lifecycle Management software
* Work as part of a cohesive engineering team and Integrated Product Develop Team (IPDT)
* Understand requirements and evaluate new product structural integrity and functionality in support of meeting those requirements
* Facilitate necessary regulatory and customer requirement testing to ensure product safety
* Interact with internal and external customers and ensures satisfactory deliverables
* Assist Engineering Management to coordinate the timely delivery of product design and customer proposal requests
* Conceptualize and prepare preliminary and final detail design and documentation of systems components and assemblies
* Support testing including the design and release of test fixtures
* Create conceptual designs for proposals and document designs in technical documents
* Work as a liaison with multi-site technical teams in Peshtigo WI, India, and Poland
* Adhere to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
* Perform other duties as required
* A minimum of 10 years of aerospace engineering experience.
* 3-5 years of experience with Unigraphics NX CAD software
* A minimum of 5 years in a lead engineering role including experience leading product development projects through SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TRRs, and PRRs.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience working in an Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) environment
* Outstanding communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and skills facilitating working in a teamwork environment
* Strong analytical skills including strong knowledge of physics, dynamics, and statics.
* Direct experience with manufacturing processes
* Experience presenting design solutions to internal and external customers
* US Citizen or Green Card required.
* Experience with FEA or Strength hand calculations. LS-Dyna/Hypermesh experience additional benefit.
* Five years of experience with the UTAS Product Introduction Process
* Experience with aircraft cockpit, crew station, escape system, ejection seat, or crew systems design
* Experience working on military programs
* Experience with machining, sheet metal, composites, and fabric design
* Experience with energetic cartridge actuated devices or propellant actuated devices
* Experience of aerospace specifications
* Experience with aerospace materials and associated manufacturing processes
* Experience with electro-explosive devices
* Experience working at or with Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Raytheon, the US Air Force, US Navy or other aircraft OEM customers.
* Experience with lean principles, continuous improvement, or UTC Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE)
* Experience with international engineering support groups
* Strong leadership skills
* Individual must be very detail oriented and thorough in the design activity due to the criticality of the ejection performance. A life is at stake with every part designed by the team and this engineering position.
* Innovative, detail-oriented, and dedicated to the satisfactory completion of all elements of the design tasks.
* Strong customer skills and customer focus (both internal and external customers)
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently but primarily as the technical lead for an integrated product team.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and long-term projects.
* 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Excellent computer skills, including skill in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software.
* Experience with troubleshooting including in-depth root cause analysis and corrective action closure.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* BS or MS Aerospace, Mechanical, or Metallurgical Engineering Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.