6 months ago
Requisition ID: 7838
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Trip Operations Coordinator to join our team in Houston, TX (4000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Provides consultation/coordination of all current global flights and facilitates services to clients. Services may include, but are not limited to flight clearances, global flight planning, ground handling, credit arrangements, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, fuel setups, and customs notification. Also schedules trip in such a manner as to provide safe, reliable, and efficient air transportation to clients.
* Under minimal supervision, provide direct consultation services to clients regarding their flight schedules.
* Discuss potential issues/problems such as operating restrictions with clients and offer resolution.
* Master the operations in various computer applications to assist with trip support.
* Prepare messages to Aviation Authorities to arrange ground arrangements and flight clearances.
* May interface with flight planners to build global flight plan routes and verify their accuracy and acceptance with ATC/authorities.
* Within IMS, may exhibit strong functional knowledge of IFR flight planning and aircraft performance requirements (runway analyis and weight and balance calculations). May prepare, proof, file and deliver computerized flight plans.
* Under limited supervision, may compile all components of a flight brief into a package deliverable and deliver the flight brief.
* May assist management with employee shift turnover, workload distribution, and coaching.
* Troubleshoot and resolve more complex operational issues and customer feedback independently.
* Exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills.
* May assist with the on-boarding, training and orientation of a new employee. This includes awareness of all our processes, procedures and utilization of our software solutions.
* Within IMS, have advanced level understanding of aviation weather, aviation reports, and navigational charts, if applicable. May help create the daily weather chart(s).
* May perform and/or direct quality control checks of all products.
* May provide en-route monitoring of customer aircraft, as appropriate.
* Recognize and acknowledge client needs to assure successful interaction.
* May schedule corporate aircraft and coordination of crew for transportation, development and demonstration flights.
* May create and document month-end reports, report flight activity, identify and acquire charge numbers, etc.
* Individual job duties may vary.
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience
Candidate must have experience in aviation dispatch and/or flight operations with preferred experience working high tempo international trip support operations. Candidate must also have the ability to work a non standard work schedule.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.