11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional and Business Jet Program is seeking a Test Equipment Engineer in Rockford, IL. This position requires an innovative, highly motivated technically savvy incumbent with strong leadership skills. The Test Equipment Engineer is expected to work as the team lead with Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineers providing electronic test equipment for Slat/Flap Electronic Control Unit (SFECU) systems, including resolvers, LVDT and RVDT based sensors. This role is also responsible for design, fabrication, programming, and validation of multiple tests stands for Actuation Systems. Additional responsibilities include embracing and facilitating design synergy between development, production and customer test stands to maximize reuse, adaptability, and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have the ability to translate high-level vision/plans into workable packages and continuous improvement capabilities.
* Manage a suite of Actuation flight controller test stands that are supporting the life cycle of the product. Work may be required to adapt/modify stands during software development, hardware/software verification or production testing on the controllers.
* Develop new applications or modifications of existing products.
* Modify the existing test equipment software.
* Creating/validate unique test scripts in Python or similar tool.
* Design/validate hardware to support new applications or resolve outstanding issues (e.g. harness, board, chassis designs).
* Leverage Matlab/Simulink experience to support the improvement of the virtual test environment.
* Certify virtual test environments to reduce flight hardware investment.
* Create/modify CAN configuration files in LabVIEW.
* Create/modify Arinc 429 database in Ballard CoPilot format.
* Create software load utility to simultaneously access and load software to controllers.
* Review DAQ software and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Min 5-7 years of experience in the design, fabrication, and validation of industrial test equipment, with a demonstrated high level of technical project management skills.
* Schematic capture experience (cadence desirable).
* Resolver, LVDT, RVDT experience.
* Motor drive experience 3 phase 400hz.
* PWB layout experience allegro desirable.
* Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Must be autonomous (self-starter) and be able to problem solve.
* Strong knowledge of National Instrument's LabView programming language or as a minimum an ability to decipher and guide others in the creation of complex software architecture.
* Proven ability to master several test equipment components of a project or program simultaneously (can't get lost in the details).
* Bachelors of Engineering or equivalent required
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.