10 months ago
Requisition ID: 3658
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineering Manager - Flight Controls (Cedar Rapids IA) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Flight Control Systems seeks a Senior Systems Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers in the development of new and exciting primary flight control systems and products. This role has direct responsibility for leadership and management of system/software development activities from detailed requirements development through test and certification.
The candidate will also be responsible for identifying the necessary staff, facilities and equipment needed for successful execution of projects. The candidate will be expected to spend at least 50% of their time in a direct hands-on technical role. The candidate must also bring excitement and passion to this role and expect the same of the team.
* Responsible for success of assigned/allocated tasks and activities.
* Actively participates in all technical activities.
* Responsible for adherence to capital and operating budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements, along with planning and budgeting.
* Assigns technical resources to work assignments.
* Ensures compliance to development processes and standard work requirements.
* Actively addresses employee performance and development issues.
* Oversees and participates in development of engineering bids to ensure success.
* Responsible for the development and technical coaching of staff.
* Responsible for on-boarding and assimilation of new hires.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
* Must have experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
* Experience with DO-178B/C Certifications
* Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with employees at all levels in the organization.
* Must have excellent problem solving, data analysis and decision making skills.
Additional Experience is a Plus:
* Experience within an aircraft / avionics / fly by wire / flight controls environment
* Experience in model based development
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.