9 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Sr Systems Engineer - Communications Advanced Data Links
Are you ready to apply your skills and experience working on systems and products that support our war-fighters and help protect our nation? Then consider moving your career to the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization. As a Sr Systems Engineer in the Advanced Data Links Products Team, you will be part of a multi-functional team comprised of System engineers and Hardware engineers. This team focuses its efforts on product design and enhancements as it produces products for the F-22 program.
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing under limited supervision all tasks normally associated with the Senior Systems engineering discipline, including bid and proposal work, requirements definitions, design and development, integration and test, and factory support. As product leads, our systems engineers must be able to interact with business development, program management, and our customers.
Specific responsibilities may include: analysis and understanding of customer needs/requirements, responding to customer requests for proposals; definition and specification of system level requirements including authorship for systems architecture, preparing for and contributing to design reviews, writing and reviewing test plans and reports; allocation of requirements and systems level resources; definition and specification of deliverable engineering data; system level design, including risk identification and risk management; coordination of support engineering and reporting of technical performance.
Position may include up to 10% travel.
Candidates must have the following skills:
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Have direct experience with hardware engineering development
* Experience using engineering lab equipment: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators
* Experience capturing and maintaining requirements
* Experience in creation and execution of engineering test cases and procedures
* Analog, digital, and RF troubleshooting skills at the circuit card and system level
* Experience generating Qualification Test Plans and Procedures and executing said plans and procedures
* Direct experience with RF designs (HF through S-band Frequencies) and radio systems integration support is a plus
* Experience in providing support to manufacturing is a plus
* Experience with project planning and parametric estimation tools such as SEER is a plus
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.