about 1 year ago
Sr. Systems Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52173BR Date posted 08/09/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The Candidate will perform the role of System Engineer for Electrical and Electromechanical systems for actuation applications and work in a team environment, sometimes with remote team members, engaging in full life-cycle development (plan, design, verification, and certification) of Wing High Lift Systems.
The job will encompass a full range of product engineering activities including system design, modeling, analysis, development, testing and product support. Systems engineering tasks will include concept definition, systems requirements definition, functional decomposition, and requirements management within the context of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment. The Systems Engineer provides direction to the technical team with respect to flow down of system requirements, oversight of investigations and analyses, and integration of system elements. The Systems Engineer is a principal technical interface to the customer and can expect to speak on technical matters during program reviews, status meetings, and other formal and informal interactions with the customer. The Systems Engineer may be assigned all engineering responsibilities for a particular application, including interfacing with customers (government and commercial), Program Office, Operations, and internal support groups as required. Duties will require broad-based design and analysis of complex systems, and may involve "hands-on" hardware testing.
* Minimum of 5 years’ of Aerospace Systems Engineering experience
* Establish, maintain, and execute product level plans
* Define technical objectives for Design Verification & Validation
* Apply basic electrical and mechanical principles to design and analyze system interactions
* Requirements Analysis and Development
* Architecture Design
* Development Testing, Verification & lifecycle documentation
* Adherence to Configuration Management and Change Control
* Conduct/Participate in Design Reviews, Customer Audits
* Manage many tasks simultaneously
* Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Understanding of system development processes
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Strong customer communication skills
* ARP4754 (A) experience highly desired
* Experience or knowledge in aerospace systems development/verification is a plus
* Experience with DOORS is a plus
* Modeling in Matlab is a plus
* General experience with hardware design is a plus
* Motor/Hydraulic controls experience (AC, DC, etc.) is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.