10 months ago
ISR & Space Systems - Pomona is among the largest domestic suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense sensing instrumentation. We design, develop, manufacture and support sophisticated sensors and analytical instruments for defense and homeland security application. Our major products are space instruments, atmospheric monitors and chemical/biological detection systems.
Pomona is seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for presenting to senior management on various topics, be involved with, and implement additional initiatives such as ACE, Process Certification, Manufacturing Process Reviews, Lean Manufacturing and EH&S projects.
Candidate must possess a positive attitude and be able communicate well with staff, teams & management and provide positive support to the Operations Manager with the management of the operations department.
* Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
* Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of one or more functional areas
* Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others
* Develops and maintains Standard Work processes and procedures necessary for efficient and compliant manufacturing.
* Responsible for providing the manufacturing operators with all the necessary tooling, fixtures and documentation to build the product in the most efficient manner which includes working with the operators to improve the build processes.
* Controls manufacturing documentation including creating and updating BOM’s, routings, build instructions, labor standards and visual aids.
* Provides technical assistance to production operators including trouble shooting products and equipment within the manufacturing environment.
* Applies lean manufacturing principles and identifies opportunities for process improvements. Incorporates lean principles in everyday work including: POU, VSM, One Piece Flow, and 5S. Participates in and leads Lean events.
* Drives ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) initiatives.
* Interfaces daily with Production Control, Project Engineering, Quality Assurance and additional functional areas to resolve product and process related problems and incorporate design changes into manufacturing.
* Functions as a member of an Integrated Product team on new product introductions.
* Recommends new equipment and processes with the goal of reducing cycle time, labor hours and WIP.
* Manages advanced manufacturing projects.
* Explains policies, practices and procedures.
* Establishes ay-to-day goals and objectives for team members.
7 years of experience in electronic equipment manufacturing.
Display excellent teamwork and problem solving skills, and have the ability to drive projects to completion.
Continuous Improvement experience including demonstrated success implementing Lean Manufacturing with visual management techniques.
Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills appropriate for direct interaction with Management & Supplier/Partners.
BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.