10 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Develop strategic plans and spearhead initiative for Aviation Digital cloud services by partnering with global product architects as we move some of our key commercial product to Azure , including but not limited to: transition strategies, bundling (multiple cloud offerings) strategies, mission/vision descriptions, and positioning strategies.
* Design and develop big data enterprise solutions for data ingestion and transformation
* Review product designs to optimize run-time, support and enhancement costs through lifetime
* Improve processes within continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
* Collaborate with QA on test planning and automation targeting performance and load testing
* Create high-quality software through test driven development and peer reviews
* Partner with product management and other stakeholders in an agile environment
* Enhance team performance by sharing expertise in areas such as process, tools, and performance tuning
* Work with geographically distributed teams, with ample opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
* 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects; where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
* Hands-on working experience on Azure services such as Azure Virtual Machines, AKS, Container Service, Functions, Azure Batch, Azure Storage, File Storage, Backup, Virtual Network, Azure DNS, CDN, Azure DBs, Management & monitoring services, Azure Developer tools
* Experience in migrating on premise applications to Cloud
* Experience with DevOps tools
* Experience in developing architecture and setting up of cloud platform
* Experience on Virtualization/High Availability & Networking including VPCs, VPNs, DNS, load-balancing and firewalls
* Experience on implementing Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity solutions
* Ability to translate strategy into design & development of cloud platform
* Good analytical and communication skill
* Ability to travel to client locations as needed
* Background of working in a geographically distributed and multi-national business and cultural environment
* Experience with securing data within a geopolitical region
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
* A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a technical area (Architecture, Software, or Information Technology) or (a high school diploma / GED with at least 8 years of experience in Information Technology or Software).
* A minimum of 10 years of overall IT experience in architecture, designing and building enterprise systems with minimum 3 in architecture, designing and building applications on Azure Cloud
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. or UK. is required.We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Preferred work locations Evendale OH, Austin Texas, or Eastleigh GB
* Experience on other cloud platforms (AWS / PCF / Openshift / etc)
* Certifications: Azure Solutions Architect
* Working knowledge on Automation Framework like Resource Manager / Automation /Chef / Puppet /Python / Bash & Powershell
* Experience on Data Center design, implementation & migration
* Experience with Hybrid On-Prem/Cloud deployments
* Experience with military IT Environments
Locations: United Kingdom, United States; Ohio, Texas; Evendale, Austin, Eastleigh GB