11 months ago
The Sr Staff Data Visualization Engineer is responsible for visualization architecture and strategy across the RPCA Value Stream. Technical leader that develops visualization architecture, strategy and design across platforms for the RPCA Value Stream. Strategize business unit visualization tool / architecture / deployment strategy and ensure adherence to the same by various projects.
As the Sr. Staff Data Visualization Engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture and strategy of reporting solutions, including the evaluation of emerging visualization technologies. You will demonstrate experience in multiple visualization platforms and drive visualization best practices for the RPCA Value Stream.
Additionally, as the Sr Staff Data Visualization Engineer, you will:
* Maintain effective working relationships with peers, direct reports and vendors to seamlessly integrate the program area into the overall strategic objectives and activities of the organization
* Establish performance KPIs and design guidelines/best practices and ensure adherence to same across projects
* Technical leader that develops visualization architecture, strategy and design across platforms for a business unit
* Strategize business unit visualization tool / architecture / deployment strategy and ensure adherence to the same by various projects
* Lead the evaluation and proof of concept of new visualization technologies
* Responsible for designing and implementing Business Intelligence reporting with experience in semantic design
* Responsible for semantics / metadata development with experience in metadata configuration and implementation
* Assess requirements for completeness and accuracy and work with requirement providers to close issues and gaps
* Deliver as per project plans to implement reporting solutions
* Take an active role in joint solution design and be an advocate for long term quality in the process
* Identify impact on existing model / solution triggered by new / changed requirements
* Ability to translate business requirements into technical solution is a critical skill for the position
* Develops peer, cross-functional and cross-GE business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or Data Analytics from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of 5 years of technical experience
* A minimum of 5 years working in a data & analytics-related field of practice
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
* Strong project management skills with proven track record of successful application delivery.
* Hands-on experience with at least one of major BI platforms (Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, SSRS, SSAS) as well as familiarity with some emerging data analytics tools such as, Spotfire
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (including formal documentation) as well as strong presentation and collaboration skills
* Proficient with Agile Software Development practices
* Experience using automated code deployment platforms (e.g., Git, Jenkins)
* Experience with data architecture and data engineering principles
* Working knowledge of data lake ecosystems
* Documentation must resonate with appropriate audience
* Expertise in SQL in business, manufacturing, and machine analytics
* Knowledge of design, build and test phases of Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC) / methodologies i.e. waterfall, agile
* Hands on experience ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and work effectively as part of a team
* Demonstrate strong proactive and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Be flexible and adaptable to changing business models and organization structures and still be detail oriented
* Multi-task, manage time and priorities and be self-directed while maintaining high degree of organization
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others, delivers the value proposition, and lead small teams
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.