3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Drive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification process. Own supplier results, drive improvements utilizing scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans. Seasoned and deep understanding of sourcing concepts, approaches and methodology. Set sourcing strategy with strong process responsibility to develop complex and comprehensive supplier/buyer contractual relationships meeting business need.
Additionally, as the Sr Sourcing Manager, key responsibilities will include:
* Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development
* Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
* SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors
* Is considered a senior and seasoned practitioner
* Develops strategies and drives negotiations to meet the quality, fulfillment and productivity requirements of the business
* Has authority in the network of experts and in project teams
* Balances both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Presents product / program strategies, Sourcing roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders (EB and SEB) across GE
* Inputs and influences decisions within own discipline and area
* Communicates recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations
* Involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties
* Regularly advises management in the function and/or in the business
* Has a supportive role in decision making about important subjects
* Acts frequently as a project leader in projects involving the business and other functions
* This position may be eligible for the following flexible work arrangements (FWA) -- Remote Work. this role will support suppliers in the Portland and West Coast regions.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Oregon; Portland
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.