9 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Sr Software Engineer - TTNT Embedded Communications
Become an integral part of the Government Systems Advanced Communication Engineering Organization! As a Senior Software Engineer in this organization, you will be involved in the development of our advanced communication product Tactical Targeting Network Technology (TTNT); with future opportunities to contribute to innovative design work on the next generation of Communication Products covering all spectrum bands and multiple airborne and ground platforms. Examples of these products range from high-frequency radios to secure, sophisticated software-defined radios that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
TTNT is a US military waveform that meets the performance requirements for future networking communications systems. TTNT is required to be compliant with the industry Software Communication Architecture (SCA) requirements. The TTNT application code uses C++ to implement an Object Oriented Design (OOD) in a Green Hills Integrity OS development environment targeted for an ARM processor.
* Designing, developing and testing real-time embedded application software of the TTNT Waveform for the U.S. military
* Participating in software/hardware integration
* Solving complex software and systems problems
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
* Must possess (or have held within the last 24 months) a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience with multi-threaded real-time embedded application software development and integration
* Experience with object-oriented analysis and design in C++
* Experience with standard full lifecycle software development practices and configuration management tools
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
* Green Hills Multi / Integrity OS development environment
* Effective technical communication skills in a professional manner
* Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
* Consistently strive to produce superior results, keeping project tasks on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
* Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
* IP networking and networking protocols
* Mobile ad-hoc networks (MANETs)
* Complex multi-threaded embedded C++ software code bases
* Radio communications systems
* Digital signal processing
* The Open Systems Interconnection model, with a focus on layers 2 (data link) and 3 (network)
* Unified Modeling Language (UML)
* Design patterns
* SCA Operating Environment (OE)
The candidate must be highly motivated, self directed, interface well with Program Office team, and be able to work well in a team environment.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.