6 months ago
Requisition ID: 7815
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Software Engineer/Project Engineer - Traffic Surveillance Software to join our team in Melbourne, FL (1050). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Senior Software Engineer working as a Project Engineer to join our Traffic Surveillance SW Team. In this role the candidate will participate in the development and certification of an integrated high performance traffic surveillance product, including aircraft collision avoidance systems (ACAS), Transponders, and ADS-B In/Out Systems for the COMAC C919. This position works closely with the Software, Systems, and collateral teams, as well as the Technical Project Manager. You will be leading the project through the phases of software development and product certification, managing budget, schedule, and planning, as well as interfacing with management. This involves assigning tasks to individuals and teams, tracking them to completion, and managing the inter-dependencies on the project and with the collateral team. This position is a fantastic opportunity to expand your network and gain a different perspective of Rockwell Collins.
* Project Planning, i.e., project schedule, project budget, milestone tracking, metrics
* Serve as cross-functional project engineer interfacing with Systems, Hardware, Software and Collateral teams
* Present project status to management, assign tasks to team members and track team progress
* This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a standard 40 hour work week.
* Contribute to software engineering requirements capture and analysis in area of domain expertise. Able to identify cross-functional deficiencies in requirements.
* Considered a Subject Matter Expert in at least one area and considered a domain generalist in multiple areas, including a moderate understanding of systems knowledge in the assigned areas.
* Mentors product development teams in the utilization of the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, thus increasing product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
* Design, code, test, integrate and document software of moderate to high complexity, Apply and tailor internal processes, using knowledge of methods and tools for software development and documentation efforts. Ensure that development products are designed to meet the applicable RCI, Business Unit, and Customer/Project requirements.
* Develop engineering estimates for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals, using applicable enterprise estimation tools, for components and area of expertise. May lead cross-functional/domain teams in a Project Engineering role.
* Review software defects trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements and recommend new approaches, tools, techniques that drive continuous improvements in software development processes.
* Capable of proactively identifying and communicating technical software issues and help resolve these issues. Ensure these issues are elevated to project leadership for resolution.
* Expand and apply knowledge: Product domain, Requirements, Design, Development, Test and Release software processes, tools, methods and coding best practices with primary emphasis on taking technical ownership in a software component of the product domain.
* Individual job duties may vary.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Demonstrated experience in a lead role with budget and schedule responsibility
* Experience with writing requirements
* Experience with embedded processors
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.