11 months ago
Sr. Software Engineer - Advanced Technology
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Advanced Technology group at Honeywell Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer for developing advanced prototypes of future flight deck applications.
The position includes development of prototype human-machine interaction software, and further development of TRACS (Tool for Rapid Advanced Cockpit Simulation), which is a PC-based aircraft simulation and prototyping environment. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers from our Human Centered Systems and Flight Test organizations to develop and validate advanced cockpit technologies for improving overall operational efficiency, situational awareness, and flight safety.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
* Design and develop software for flight deck applications in a rapid prototyping environment using primarily Windows-based tools and various programming languages. The applications will focus on human-machine interface including graphical displays, touch, speech, gesture and physical controls.
* Develop software prototypes targeted to platforms such IOS, android, avionics platforms, and integrate new hardware as needed.
Analytical skills & software development skills
Aviation and Avionics Skills
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
* Master’s Degree
* Experience with HMI development is strongly preferred.
* C, C++, C# programming experience strongly preferred
* Experience with OpenGL strongly preferred
* Windows-based applications development experience preferred
* Interest/experience in Avionics, Aviation, and/or a pilot’s license a plus
* Ability to integrate new technologies in areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics a plus
* Experience in a research environment is a plus.
* Experience with Git a plus
* Experience with Windows 10, Linux, or other OS a plus
* Networking experience a plus
* Experience with advanced software tools a plus
* Experience with game programming a plus
* Experience with iOS and Android operating systems a plus
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
* Continued Professional Development
* 1st Shift
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD6758
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.