11 months ago
The role will be to provide software engineering support working with Military projects and customers to define and deliver digital solutions.
* Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
* Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
* Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
* Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
* Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
* Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
* Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
* Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
* Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
* Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
* Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
* Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
* Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
* Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
* Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subject or equivalent.
* Must have or able to get a US Government Secret Clearance.
* This role is restricted to a U.S persons (i.e. US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3) due to access-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Solid technical background with hands on software development experience.
* Experience working with Agile development methods.
* Experience using automate testing methods and frameworks - JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, Go Test, Go Mock, NUnit.
* Experience with cloud deployment (Virtualization, High Availability, Security, Zero downtime deployment, AWS & Azure).
* Working knowledge of following technologies: Java (Spring Framework, Mavern, SLF4J & Logback), Node.js (Polymer, Node express, Gradle, Grunt), Go (GorillaMux, Logrus, Glide), Predix (Cloudfoundry, UAA), Redis, Postgres, SQL Server, Kafka, Swagger, Docker, .Net
* Occasional travel may be required.
* Previous experience working US Military programs is beneficial.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; District of Columbia, Ohio, Texas; Washington, Cincinnati, Austin
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.