Denver-based Frontier Airlines is proud to be one of the nation’s premier low cost airlines and our cost-conscious model focuses on offering our passengers ‘Low Fares Done Right’. At Frontier, we are committed not only to providing an affordable, “unbundled” fare that makes air travel accessible to everyone, but also to ensuring that our passengers reach their destination safely, on time, and receive friendly service along the way. Because of our wildly popular model and strong corporate governance, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and always looking for new people to join our team.
The main role of the Sr. Revenue Accountant is analytical in nature. The position requires a strong understanding of systems, data analysis, databases and Excel skills to ensuring the integrity of accounting information when recording, verifying and reconciling daily transactions. The Sr. Revenue Accountant will need to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting issues to various internal business partners and external auditors, and must be able to develop and manage processes. This individual must possess a very solid understanding of the revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment. The Sr. Revenue Accountant is responsible for reviewing contracts, revenue recognition, and assisting in technical issues. This role will assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls within Revenue Accounting.
- Compile and analyze accounting data and information by performing monthly data downloads, data analysis, and preparing pivot tables to record monthly revenue, expenses, and balance sheet entries.
- Create monthly journal entries related to billing and revenue recognition.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by cross referencing subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Prepare complex monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Coordinate and assist Revenue Management, Commercial Products, and Reservations managers to gain knowledge of business transactions and resolve billing and revenue issues.
- Assist with ad hoc and integration projects as required
- Prepare, reconcile and review monthly fluctuations for revenue accounts, deferred revenue accounts, accounts receivable and related allowance accounts.
- Assist with financial audits and SOX compliance including reconciliations, support documentation, and communication with external auditors.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve Revenue Accounting system’s productivity and performance by building and maintaining vendor relationship, analyzing vendor’s data and historical reports to develop solutions and strategies while optimizing cost.
- Assist with internal and external audit schedule preparation.
- Support corporate initiatives by participating in cross-functional teams.
- Complete special/ad hoc projects as assigned by the manager or director.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience working with B/S and P&L
- Month-end closing, general journal entries and account reconciliation experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, MS Access or other query software experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word; Internet Explorer; Windows 7; data file transfers
- Minimum 1 year airline accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analysis skills to effectively evaluate data, identify variances, and resolve discrepancies
- Ability to understand the big picture and progression of daily work
- Ability to adhere to monthly tasks and work in a deadline orientated environment
- Naturally positive attitude, with a strong desire to learn, improve tasks, and help others
- Keying skills of 45 wpm alphanumeric or 100 kpm numeric (10-key) and demonstrated advanced skills in Excel
- Possess good mathematical aptitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with emphasis on customer service
- Ability to prioritize, analyze and resolve problems using sound judgment
- Work under time constraints and consistently meet all deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and team oriented
- Good working knowledge of credit card transaction processing
- Working knowledge of revenue accounting software
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all customer information
- Available to work occasional extra hours throughout the year based on departmental needs
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.