8 months ago
Imagine working alongside people who love tackling difficult and interesting challenges and who respect your contribution to the team. . . . .
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth. . . . . .
Imagine working for an organization dedicated to helping you live the life you want—inside and outside of work .. . . .
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
Moog is a worldwide designer, manufacturer and systems integrator of high performance precision motion and fluid controls systems for a broad range of applications in aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
The Aircraft Group in Torrance is looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer. This role will encompass the performance of reliability analyses and the management of programs involving teaming arrangements with Moog Design Engineering, Systems Engineering, customers and major subcontractors which are characterized by system integration responsibilities.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day to day . . .
* Perform and/or assess reliability analyses such as Predictions, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Physics of Failure (PoF)
* Provide guidance to Systems Engineering in the development of monitors, fault detection and fault isolation through FMEA based numerical analyses, to ensure that all critical failures of a system are detectable and mitigated, including the need for fail-safes and redundancy.
* Provide guidance to Systems Engineering in the development of effective Failure Modes and Effects Testing (FMET) programs for design verification. This will include the identification of high risk failure modes requiring effect verification and appropriate methods for establishing adequacy of monitor thresholds and persistence’s
* Conceptualize appropriate Reliability Test programs to cost-effectively satisfy contractual requirements and provide a meaningful evaluation of Reliability capability
* Detailed circuit schematic analysis to determine potential failure mode piece part causes
* Evaluate Reliability/Availability Guarantee terms and conditions and recommend technical and administrative exceptions, ground-rules and caveats to prevent uncompensated contractual obligations and/or reduce risk
* Review program Reliability/Safety requirements and provide support/guidance/recommendations to Moog Systems and Design Engineering to ensure compliance, with use of reliability analyses methods
* Manage complex Reliability and Safety programs involving systems integration responsibilities and guidance of Team Partner and/or department Reliability personnel
* Communication and coordination of Moog Torrance program reliability requirements with Moog EA group
As Moog program responsibilities continue to shift more towards system level development, the importance of early involvement of the Reliability Engineering discipline in the design process has become increasingly important to ensure that program reliability and safety objectives are efficiently achieved. This interaction provides exciting opportunities for Moog Reliability Engineering to influence system design and architecture on future programs in both the Aircraft and Space and Defense Operating Groups!
A qualified candidate should have the following experience…
* A BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years relevant experience, including several years as a Reliability Engineer or, alternatively, as a Designer or Project Engineer OR
* A BT in Electrical Engineering or a BS in a technical field (math or physics) and 10 years’ experience in an engineering environment, including several years as a Reliability Engineer
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation