7 months ago
IT & Communications
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position exists to maintain the quality of the Timken products produced internally and externally, including develop solutions to complex and mostly, unique problems and/or major projects concerning bearing metallurgical quality, process control and suppliers’ quality systems.
This role ensures that the compliance to the corporate requirements and customer specifications at Timken manufacturing sites. Manufacturing support includes integration and development of new suppliers as well as feasibility analysis for new processes with existing suppliers. Quality systems are maintained through audits of plants and suppliers, communicating and interpreting Timken specifications, and helping plants to resolve customer complaints.
This position works closely with Supplier Quality Development in execution of strategic purchasing and cost improvement efforts that involve use of new supplier processes and/or techniques. As part of the Global Metallurgical Quality this position is the main corporate support function for metallurgical quality issues.
* Provide solutions to any major plant or external customer issues related to materials and metallurgy.
* Lead the resolution of internal quality issues concerning heat treat, process control and materials. Serve as the main contact for plant metallurgist support globally.
* Develop, qualify, and audit heat treat, forging, coating, and casting suppliers. Maintain and publish supplier score cards. Collaborate with engineering representatives regarding customer specific processes.
* Work with Supplier Quality Development in technical evaluation and qualification of unique supplier processes. Work with manufacturing sites in gaining customer approvals of new or revised processes.
* Work with multiple functions across the organization (e.g., Mfg. Adv., engineering, operations, supply chain) to ensure the compliance to corporate and customer requirements.
* Develop specification requirements and reconcile and resolve differences between Timken and customer/supplier specifications.
* Train new metallurgists and engineers.
Experience in manufacturing and/or other related precision components including heat treating. Operations knowledge and an ability to evaluate material properties are essential capabilities for success. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and Microsoft Office proficiency are required. Necessary skills include detailed knowledge of metallurgical topics including heat treat and process controls, metallography, forging, and mechanical testing, with ability to apply statistical analysis. Exposure to steel processing, NADCAP, Auditing, and NDE techniques preferred. Understanding of surface related treatments such as CVD, PVD, and plating beneficial. Aerospace experience is a plus.
Minimum – Bachelor’s of Engineering
Preferred – Master’s of Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law