3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the effective management of an approximately 300- employee facility while leading a cross-functional team. This role will be responsible for the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure the system is established, maintained and improved upon and that it includes product conformity, Quality engineering, and regulatory agency interface.
As a member of the Site Leadership Team, the Quality Manager provides Quality leadership and guidance on all QMS matters as well as product compliance to the facility. The Quality Manager is also the advocate for the voice of the customer (VOC) and ensures customer requirements are realized throughout the life cycle of the products.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
* Lead and develop the site Quality team: Lead the Quality team to operational excellence supporting 100% first pass yield, zero customer escapes, and 100% on-time delivery for the business operations.
* Drive the elimination of escapes and cost of poor quality; establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
* Organize and promote company-wide improvement efforts.
* Implement and improve the company Quality system in accordance with current Quality standards; report on performance of Quality system for review and as a basis for improvement.
* Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, both vertically and horizontally, across the site organization and the business unit.
* Communicate and advocate key company positions relating to complex or controversial issues in a concise and professional manner to customers, senior leadership, regulators, certification bodies, and employees.
* Work effectively with multiple stakeholders, including site teams and program teams.
* Track and status QMS deployment, Corrective Action plans, Defects Per Unit (DPU) burn down plans, Foreign Object Damage (FOD) control plans, etc.
* Implement advanced manufacturing Quality acceptance system for operators and mechanics.
* Act as liaison with external parties, including Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and regulatory agencies, on matters related to Quality system.
* Act as business partner to operations, ensuring the Quality function drives leadership in compliance systems and management.
* Manage daily activities of functional Quality organization, ensuring adequate resources are in place for compliance and that cross-training occurs to maximize Quality staff.
* Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience required. MA/MS degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing or applicable field with minimum 7 years of progressive responsibility in Quality, Manufacturing or relevant experience.
* Six Sigma Black Belt certification and/or Lean Manufacturing experience highly desired.
* PPAP experience a plus.
* Demonstrated track record of successful site QMS implementation and maintenance activities, including customer, regulator, 3rd party/AS9100 audit and results.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* BA/BS degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing or applicable field with minimum 8 years of progressive responsibility in Quality, Manufacturing or relevant experience.
* Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.