4 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines.
Project Engineering Integrated Product Development (IPD) Team Lead will provide continuous support of NASA’s vision to develop and expand science capabilities aboard the International Space Station for the next decade. Manned Space capabilities are enabled by the life support hardware and engineering services provided by the International Space Station program in Windsor Locks, CT. The IPD team lead will report directly to the Program Engineering Manager, and will play a critical role in driving project execution while meeting both internal and external customer expectations. Candidate will lead diverse project teams in both design-development and hardware refurbishment activities in the Space Lab – requiring strong interpersonal and communication skills, technical experience, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Understanding of product life-cycle from conception through qualification
* Prior experience working with or managing multi-disciplinary teams
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
* Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Proven planning, and organizational and negotiation skills for effective team management
* Ability to detect project risks and build contingency plans
* Serve as a technical liaison for Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) hardware.
* Manage hardware contracts from stages of proposal through delivery, including tracking procurement status, establishing engineering and operations efforts, and oversight of assembly and test progress.
* Interface with both internal operations and engineering functions to facilitate assembly, test, and delivery of hardware.
* Participate in weekly/monthly reviews with Boeing and NASA to communicate status of contracts.
* Provide direction to IPT (Integrated Product Team) for actions on in-process hardware.
* Ability to lead, plan and execute failure investigations to drive problem resolution and product improvements.
* Develop and manage program schedules to drive on-time contract deliveries.
* Participate in contract proposals, including BOE and BOM estimates.
* Utilize manpower/resource planning and Earned Value methodology to forecast program demands and track project completion.
* Process engineering changes to ensure high quality, conforming hardware is being received, built, and delivered to our customers
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
* US Citizen
* 7+ years leading teams and managing projects
* Bachelor’s degree in Technology or Engineering – Graduate degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.