4 months ago
Requisition ID: 9096
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Program Manager - Comm, Nav and EW Solutions to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
* Works with little supervision. Provides program status reviews to executive level on occasion.
* Builds strong and extensive working relationships internally and externally. External customer contacts are typically mid-level program management, engineering, maintenance and procurement agents.
* Has strong understanding of systems engineering concepts, manufacturing processes, decision point processes and engineering processes.
* May prepare pursuit and order capture strategies including most important requirements, competitive face-off, customer contact plans and related action planning. May lead pursuit team.
* Develops solutions to complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Strong understanding of the industry and customer.
* Responsible for managing a program which is of moderate to high risk and high complexity. Typically responsible for programs between $50-$100M (total program) or key strategic program with long term revenue potential of $50-100M within 5-10 years.
* Responsible for existing products, services and business. This includes managing obsolete parts, production and delivery, and customer support. Responsible for product and services roadmap for future product features/enhancements. May be assigned key strategic programs preparing and/or implementing new strategic initiatives.
* Plans, directs and monitors program budget and serves as primary customer contact for program information. Has R&D responsibility for upgrades to existing and major new products. Has responsibility for profit/loss of the program.
* Responsible for program/business area growth. Annual internal and/or external R&D generally between $20 and $30 Million. Responsible for program/business area P&L. Strategic R&D investments may approximate these levels over 1-5 years, as appropriate.
* Ensures that all required resources such as engineering, engineering support, production, services, facilities and the like are available for the program.
* Responsible for meeting program budget and schedule.
* May have supervisory responsibilities including hiring, firing, salary and performance management.
* Has primary responsibility for program growth, may be responsible for marketing new technology or follow-on business.
* Responsible for risk management of existing products and large complex development programs.
Life Cycle Responsibility for products. This includes business pursuit and capture, product development, transition to production, customer delivery and support, and transition out of production. Must coordinate activities across the RCI shared business model; Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Service functions. Program complexity is the primary criteria for leveling, and dollar value of programs is secondary.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
US Citizenship required
Must have the ability to opbatin an active DoD Security Clearnace
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.