5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Coordinate all functions to prepare for production of the 777X BEPS (Back-up Electrical Power System). Key responsibilities will be ensuring the customer demand is understood and loaded into the ERP, coordinating production readiness planning with the customer, assuring manufacturing resources are in place to support production, ensure hardware producibility issues are resolved before production and lead the effort to get the BEPS product cost aligned to the program business case.
Additionally, as the Sr Program Manager, key responsibilities will include:
* Lead the cross functional team and facilitate collaboration across all functions to deliver the program in a manner that satisfies all customer milestones, contractual requirements, technical objectives and internal financial objectives
* Serve as the primary focal point with the customer to ensure robust timely communications on all production related aspects of the program
* Own the creation and execution of the production readiness plan in partnership with Supply Chain leadership
* Help the entire cross functional team execute the production readiness plan using solid program/project management discipline and ensure schedule performance and other planning aspects are done accurately, completed in a timely manner and engage the appropriate stakeholders
* Own the creation and execution of the BEPS product cost reduction plan
* Work closely with Sourcing to define Sourcing deflation opportunities
* Work with engineering and manufacturing engineering to identify and execute cost out opportunities
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in program or project management
* Minimum 2 years in a production environment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* PMP accreditation
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in customer / program management role
* History of leading successful NPI program execution
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
* Assertive and visible leadership style
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Vandalia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.